Apunipima Cape York Health Council is the community controlled health organisation of Cape York. Delivering a range of health services across all Cape communities, Apunipima is accountable to you its members.
Apunipima’s Board is made up of people living in Cape York communities that, as a member, you are entitled to elect.
The Board’s job is to make sure that Apunipima does all it can to improve the health outcomes of people in Cape York.
HOW DO I BECOME A MEMBER?
To become a member of Apunipima, you must:
- Be over 18 years of age
- Be an Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander with traditional or historical interests in Cape York
At the next meeting of the Board, you will then be registered as a member. As a member you can attend, speak and vote at general meetings (including annual and special general meetings).
As a member, you can:
- Be made a Director of the Board – but need to reside in the community you want to represent
- Put forward resolutions at general meetings
- Ask the Directors of the Board to call a general meeting
- Vote to elect Board Members.