Domestic Violence - Not Now, Not Ever!
Aurukun children are being asked to be creative through a poster competition.
The O-hub, School and Council at Aurukun have joined forces to hold a Domestic Violence Awareness Month campaign in the form of an art competition for kids.
Kids are encouraged to make a poster exploring their ideas, dreams, goals or experiences in relation to violence.
Sessions for school kids will be held within classrooms in school hours, but other children are invited to participate as well.
If other agencies work with these age groups and wish to facilitate a session, just ask Vivien Bull (contact details below) for some art supplies. Kids can also make posters at home.
There are great art prizes on offer for the winning entries, which will be displayed in a mini exhibition after the prize giving.
What's the poster message? Stop violence
Who can enter? Kids aged 4 to 14 years old
Who do I give my poster to? School, Council or O-hub
When do entries close? Friday May 20
Winners? Announced on May 27th at CYA Assembly
If you want more info, contact Viven Bull 0427 068 873 or Renee Gavin 0406 722 947.
Latest from Super User
- Childhood anaemia common among Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander children in remote Far North Queensland
- Flu vaccines add a $12 million to boost to immunisation
- Ivan Frkovic stops in at Apunipima
- Indigenous All Stars Men Claim Silver in International Hoops Tournament
- Gold Medal Caps Women's All Stars Undefeated Run