Domestic and Family Violence Prevention Month
May is Domestic Violence Prevention Month and we support events such as Pormpur Paanthu Aboriginal Corporation in Pormpuraaw:
Every Tuesday for the month of MAY is the Keeping Kids Safe Program, 10am, Playgroup, Child Care Building. Parents, carers and young children welcome to come along and discuss effective ways of keeping our kids safe.
Wednesday May 18 - Playgroup Family Teddy Bear Picnic, 9.30am-10am.
Friday May 20 - Family Day. There will be a jumping castle, barbecue at the Boomerang Centre, from 12 noon.
Tuesday May 24 - Movie Night at Aurukun Shire Council, from 6pm.
Friday May 27 - Sorry Day and Reconcilliation Week - community Barbecue at the Boomerang Building and the close of Domestic Violence Prevention Month, from 10am.
Saturday May 28 - Men's Rugby game with Kowanyama.
Monday May 30 - Mary G will be in Pormpuraaw for two days talking about "awareness talk for women", 1.30pm-3.30pm, PCYC Hall.
Tuesday May 31 - Youth Meeting, 9am-11am, PCYC Hall.
For more info on these events, contact Pormpur Paanthu Aboriginal Corporation on 4060 4105.
Latest from Super User
- Childhood anaemia common among Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander children in remote Far North Queensland
- Flu vaccines add a $12 million to boost to immunisation
- Ivan Frkovic stops in at Apunipima
- Indigenous All Stars Men Claim Silver in International Hoops Tournament
- Gold Medal Caps Women's All Stars Undefeated Run